Looking for some family fun during the school winter break? Be sure to join us at River Legacy Living Science Center for our Winter Break Family Activities on Dec. 27th through Dec. 29th.
- Magnificent Mammals – Wednesday, Dec. 27 – enjoy animal explorations with a bunny, opossum, ferret and rat followed by a craft.
- Radical Reptiles – Thursday, Dec. 28 – enjoy animal explorations with snakes, lizards and turtles followed by a craft.
- Guided Hikes – Friday, Dec. 29 – go on a guided hike led by a River Legacy Naturalist to explore the winter flora and fauna of River Legacy. Hike will be followed by a craft or activity.
Each day, choose from an 11:30 am; 1:30 pm or 3:30 pm time slot. Cost is $2 per person. Space is limited and registration is available in person day of event. For children ages 2 and up with a responsible adult.
Shop Amazon Smile and select River Legacy Foundation as your charitable organization. You can do this by going to Amazon Smile, logging into your account or creating a new one. You can also support River Legacy just by shopping at Kroger with your Plus Card and selecting River Legacy Foundation as your charity of choice.
- Avoid the crowds and the hustle and bustle of busy malls and shopping centers, and find unique nature-oriented gifts, games, toys and jewelry for everyone on your list at our Acorns Gift Shop located inside River Legacy Living Science Center. The shop is managed by volunteers and all proceeds from purchases support our environmental education programs. Acorns Gift Shop is also the only authorized North Texas Retailer of Wee Forest Folk miniature collectibles. Shop 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays through Saturdays.
- Have a special child in your life who loves learning about and exploring nature’s wonders? Purchase a gift certificate for a weeklong Summer at the Science Center class in June & July or for our schoolyear 2018-2019 Nature School preschool program. To purchase your certificate, stop by the Science Center or call 817.860.6752, ext. 102.
- Give the gift of heirloom wall art. Book a Storybook Studios photo shoot for $45 per child and the studio will donate the fees to River Legacy Foundation. You will receive a complimentary woodland fantasy photo shoot and one 8 x 10 fantasy portrait (a $250 value). To book your fantasy photo shoot in support of River Legacy Foundation, schedule your appointment online at www.storybookstudiosdfw.com.
S’mores by the fire, cocktail appetizers by Blue Mesa Grill, desserts provided by Nothing Bundt Cake, live music, a meet and greet with some of River Legacy’s wildlife ambassadors, an upclose look at rescued raptors and reptiles from Nature’s Edge Wildlife, stargazing and your very own chance to eat a bug and brag about it! These are just a few of the fun attractions adults will enjoy at A Night With Nature from 7 to 10 pm on Friday, Nov. 10 at River Legacy Living Science Center!
Guests will also enjoy an open bar featuring fine wines, Division Brewing craft beer and specialty cocktails. A silent auction full of fabulous and fun items will help you get a head start on holiday shopping, and it will be even easier to bid and keep up with your favorite items with our NEW online mobile bidding system. You don’t even have to be present to grab a deal on some of our hottest ticket items! You can also grab plenty of prizes in the Prize Cube including restaurant & retail gift certificates, entertainment attractions and MORE! (Everybody’s a winner!)
Auction items include a 4-day, 3-night stay in the heart of Columbia’s coffee triangle featuring horseback riding, paragliding and more; beach house vacation getaways in Florida and Galveston; jewelry from Baseball Diamonds and James Avery; art pieces; guided fishing trips; golf excursions and SO MUCH MORE. Watch our Web site at www.riverlegacy.org and Facebook for a unique online mobile bidding link so you can start bidding early and often on your favorite deals.
Host couple Jerry and Becky McCullough invites you to join them for this fabulous one-of-a-kind fall fundraiser benefitting River Legacy Foundation’s education programs and exhibit transformation. Guests will even be the first to get a sneak peek at the NEW exhibits. Tickets are $100 per person, with sponsorships starting at $500. Reserve your tickets by calling 817.860.6752, ext. 107 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy fall fun for the whole family at River Legacy Foundation’s 21st annual After Dark in the Park from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m, Oct. 6-8. This family-friendly fall festival and fundraiser featuring a bounce house, temporary tattoos, karaoke, pumpkin patch, balloon artists and a variety of unique games, crafts and activities is geared for children ages 2 to 10.
Experience a mini-camping scene at Camp REI; croon a tune at karaoke; hear professional storytellers weave a web of tales; or Spin the Spider for a chance to win fun prizes from Six Flags Over Texas. Children will enjoy a variety of fun games, crafts and activities such as the Pumpkin Roll Maze, Snake in a Hole, Habitat Hideout, Jolly Jack-O-Lanterns and more in the Children’s Area. Guests of all ages will have fun discovering facts about nocturnal wildlife along the Nature at Night path, getting an up-close look at a live animal during Animal Encounters, and smiling big for a fun family fall photograph in the new photo booth.
New community partnerships this year are adding extra fun to After Dark in the Park. Join the Arlington Public Library to build an Imagination Playground, and learn why “Wasting Water Is Scary” with the help of the Arlington Water Utilities Department. After Dark in the Park will also be a display location for the Arlington Water Utilities’ Imagine a Day Without Water Contest. Pick up your entry form at River Legacy Living Science Center to enter the contest before the Oct. 6 deadline.
“We are so excited to partner with some great corporations, small businesses and community organizations to be able to provide a top-notch fall festival that is not only a significant fundraiser for River Legacy Foundation’s environmental programs, but has also become the fall festival that families turn to for a safe and fun seasonal event,” said Becky Nussbaum, Fund Development coordinator. “We really couldn’t do it without the community support that we receive.”
When: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. October 6-8. No event entry after 8:30 p.m.
Where: River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 NW Green Oaks Blvd.
Cost: $8 per person for ages 3 and up. More than 20 activities are available for free with the admission price. Food and some activities require coupons. Pre-purchase a Family Fun Package for $45 and get 4 admission tickets plus 20 $1 activity and food coupons (a $52 value). Additional admission tickets may be purchased for just $7 with Family Fun Package. Packages must be purchased by Thursday, October 5 at River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 NW Green Oaks Boulevard; or online at www.riverlegacy.org.
Parking: Free parking is available in River Legacy Parks, 701 NW Green Oaks Blvd., and visitors can catch a free hayride shuttle to event entrance.
Info: Call 817.860.6752, ext. 107 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Scheduling your gift in advance! This year, you can schedule your donation beginning at 8 am on Thursday, Sept. 7 through midnight Sept. 13. Schedule your gift online here. Scheduled donations will be processed on Sept. 14.
- Eating at Blaze Pizza on Sept. 12!Join us for lunch between 11 am and 3 pm or dinner between 5 pm and 8 pm at Blaze Pizza at 841 E. Lamar Blvd. Download this flier to print or show on your phone and Blaze Pizza will donate 20% of the proceeds to River Legacy. Stop by our table to schedule your North Texas Giving Day donation for a chance to spin the Blaze Pizza Ring of Fire & win fabulous prizes!
- Giving on Sept. 14! Maximize and double your donations by giving to River Legacy Foundation on North Texas Giving Day between 6 am and midnight on Sept. 14. Donate online here or stop by the Science Center and we will be happy to assist you with your online donation.
- Attending the Arlington Gives! Concert on Sept. 14. Join and support River Legacy at this FREE concert from 6:30 to 9:30 pm featuring the Josh Weathers Band. Come vote for River Legacy for the $10,000 People’s Choice Grant and donate at the River Legacy table in the showcase of charities.
- Spreading the word! Encourage your friends and families to join the movement and to Get Up and Give to River Legacy Foundation on Sept. 14.
- Following us on Social Media! Like and share us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us at #RiverLegacy and #NTxGivingDay.
Please pardon our dust these next couple of months!
River Legacy Living Science Center is moving forward with its $2.5 million capital campaign to transform the Center’s Exhibit Hall space with all new museum-quality exhibits and an interactive wall feature that will place our guests in a variety of environments and seasons. The renovation will also expand our classroom space and allow us to leave the exhibit hall open during Summer Classes, Field Investigations and other programs.
The Exhibit Hall will be closed beginning July 31 for the construction to begin for the renovation.
We are so excited about this progress and can’t wait to share the outcome with our faithful donors, supporters and guests who helped make it happen.
We are still just $200,000 shy of our $2.5 million goal. We will only complete what is funded. If you would like to help us close the gap, please donate online here or mail a check to River Legacy Foundation, Attn: Transformation, 703 NW Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington, TX 76006.
Any amount is much appreciated, and we look forward to sharing your investment in environmental education with the public. If you would like more information about the Transformation campaign, please contact Fund Development Coordinator Becky Nussbaum at 817.860.6752, ext. 120.
Watch this video to know more about the renovation plans and the interactive wall feature.
Thank you for growing the next generation of environmental stewards through education, recreation and conservation.
We are sold out of our discount Hurricane Harbor tickets for this season! Thank you for your support. River Legacy Living Science Center raised more than $14,000 for our environmental education programs through ticket sales. A huge thanks to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor for the ticket donation.
Be sure to check back with us in May 2018 for next season’s tickets.
There’s still time to get your young students in on the summertime action here at River Legacy Living Science Center!
Does your preschooler need something ENTERTAINING & EDUCATIONAL this summer? Check out our Animal Sense-Abilities Camp for 4-year-olds and Mighty Morphs for 5-year-olds/entering Kindergarten. Ever wondered why snails wave their eyes around on stalks or how a butterfly knows when it has landed on a flower it likes? Get answers to these and learn how animals’ senses help them survive in Animal Sense-Abilities! 5-year-olds can meet some of nature’s “transformers” and learn about the mighty big changes they undergo in Mighty Morphs!
Both weeklong classes have spaces available in July and are sure to set your young ones on a path to love learning with hands-on, engaging FUN.
Students entering 1st and 2nd grades can discover the secrets of the Arachnida’s most skillful architects and unusual hunters in Spectacular Spiders. Spaces are available in this spy-catching class July 24-28.
5th & 6th Graders can get hands-on experiences learning what it is like to be a Zoo Keeper, Veterinarian, Aquarist, Conservationist, Naturalist and MORE during Amazing Animal Careers 101. Let them explore a variety of options and careers that involve working with all kinds of animals during this weeklong class. Spaces are available the week of July 10-14!
Beat the summertime boredom blues with engaging, entertaining and educational summertime FUN at River Legacy!
To learn more about all of our Summer at the Science Center Camps and for a complete schedule of days and times, visit www.riverlegacy.org. Sign up online here or call 817.860.6752, ext. 102 to enroll TODAY!
River Legacy Living Science Center has your discount ticket to summer fun at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor! Get daily admission tickets to Hurricane Harbor for just $18 (more than half-off the gate price) at River Legacy Living Science Center!
Daily admission tickets are valid any operating day of Hurricane Harbor’s 2017 season and can be purchased between 9 am and 5 pm Mondays through Saturdays inside the gift shop at the Science Center, 703 NW Green Oaks Blvd. Limited supply available.
Not only will you and your family benefit from the savings, but all proceeds from ticket sales benefit River Legacy Foundation. That’s right, every dollar you spend goes directly to support River Legacy Living Science Center and our educational programs!
Reward yourself with some Hurricane Harbor fun and feel good about making a contribution to River Legacy. You Win. We Win. What a Deal!